p Picks and Pecks: review: fatboy burger

Saturday, May 5, 2012

review: fatboy burger

Address: Lot 30, Level G2, Publika, No. 1, Jalan Dutamas 1, Solaris Dutamas, 50480 KL
Phone: +603 6206 1352



With a name like "Fatboy", I was expecting large sloppy burgers, with cheese oozing down the sides - worthy of the classic American Diner. What I found instead were neatly composed patties, stacked with precision - no napkins required. Maybe this is what happens when your burger chain is from our (slightly militant!?) neighbour down South.

Even when I ordered a double-decker, the burger still maintained its composure! It couldn't have had better posture if it come from a Swiss finishing school. The burger below is a Bushtucker, replete with bacon, arugula, beetroot, (emmental?) cheese, garlic aioli. Just for kicks, this time I added a pork patty to ever-present beef.

One thing I'll say for Fatboys, I like their buns (pun intended) - much more preferable to the soft squishy ones which get flattened as I try to eat the burger. The more substantial bun is also good for sopping up any overflowing juices from the patty.

Although I am a self-confessed pork lover, I had to say that beef patties are the best for burgers. Pork always tends to be a much blander meat, which serves very well for heavily seasoned dishes, but in this case it paled in comparison to the beef. Much better to keep the porcine-guilt to the bacon. 

Beetroot seems to be an odd addition to the mix, but here it is thinly sliced and adds a crunch to the otherwise evenly textured meal. The pungent garlic aioli is a good foil to the beef, offsetting what some people think of as the "gaminess" of the meat.

Thinking of a burger for under RM25? This is probably the place to go - though I think you will burst that budget once you see the list of milkshakes on the menu.

Address: Lot 30, Level G2, Publika, No. 1, Jalan Dutamas 1, Solaris Dutamas, 50480 KL
Phone: +603 6206 1352

No comments:

Post a Comment